Monday, May 13, 2013

Mom's Day Lunch

What an absolutely beautiful Mother's Day we had here.  The sun was shining, the temperature was in the low 70's and there was a slight breeze.  God sure knows how to bless us, doesn't He?

I had my mom, my husband's mom,  and our families here for lunch and we had a super fun time.  Here are some of the pictures of our Sunday table.


I found these beautiful extra-large plates about a month ago, and instantly fell in love with them.  They looked a little Fall- like so I had to think of a way to "Spring" them up.
I just happened upon these beautiful teal glasses and "that's all she wrote"...so to speak.    I knew the teal would be beautiful with this gold and these colors were in my dining room chairs.

I chose Mockorange for the flowers.  Mockorange is a long lasting, citrus-like flower, with white blossoms which bloom in late spring to early summer.  It's a very fragrant flower best planted in full sun near your home or walk way so you can enjoy the scent.
While I was out shopping to purchase placemats for the table, I spotted this pretty star fish pillow.  The colors were perfect and I thought it would be pretty for the summer.

I love how this chevron print looks a little like water with this star fish.

My mother is a beautiful, gracious, and godly woman and I am so thankful for the influence she has had on my life.   It's nice to have a day set aside to honor her and my husband's mom, who is a kind, loving, and giving lady.  We both have been very blessed.

Hope you have a good start to your week and to see you back on Wednesday.
  I'm Linking to:

  

No comments:

Post a Comment