Thursday, May 23, 2013

Memorial Day 2013

Memorial Day is this coming Monday and like many of you, I'll be celebrating this day with my family.   

Remembering those who sacrificed for our freedom is a humbling experience and I'm very thankful to them.

Here is the table I'll be setting up for Monday's cookout.  I did a mock run, so to speak, so I thought I'd share it with you today.  This year I set the table in my Secret Garden.  I love this little spot in my yard because it has such pretty views.


I have an old Ralph Lauren red, white and blue quilt that I like to use for a tablecloth.  I bought the ribbon for the napkin rings at Hobby Lobby.  All the burlap choices in ribbon they have now are great and I really like the look of large ribbon for the napkins.  And the polka dots.....love!

For the arrangement on the table, I filled a candle holder with water and used the branches from the wild privet growing along the side of our pasture.  I love the little white flowers on the privet and they smell so sweet.  There isn't anything in my gardens blooming red right now so I used these pretty silk flowers in the live greenery and it makes them look very real.

The vine growing on the arch going into the secret garden is Confederate Jasmine.  It is evergreen and is covered in these beautiful, divinely scented, small white flowers.  This is a very easy vine to grow and is in part shade at my house. 


Anytime we celebrate a holiday in our back yard, I like to hang a quilt on the clothes line and watch it blowing in the breeze.  So pretty.  This was another Ralph Lauren quilt I've had for about 10 years and it makes a pretty back drop since it is right beside the table.
I hope you all have a nice Memorial Day and that you get to spend the day with your families.  Be thankful for what this day brings and the sacrifices given for us all.


 I'm Linking to:

No comments:

Post a Comment