Friday, May 31, 2013

Gold Reborn

I'm so glad that gold and brass are becoming popular again.  There are lots of choices out there now, and you can still find lots of things available in thrift stores.  I  have always loved gold and have always used it.   Of course, now I can be in style....love it.
I've had this large gilded mirror for about 25 years and it has traveled many places with me.  The two antique lamps on the buffet have beautiful gold stripes...just a hint is all you need to make something pop and add a little bling.

My sweet husband painted this painting for me on our 10th wedding anniversary and we put it in a gold gilded frame in our dining room.  Wouldn't you love to walk through this poppy field?
My simple, yet elegant white plates have a pretty gold leaf pattern around the edge.  I use these all throughout the year with many different colors and table settings.  Of course, I think that gold goes with everything.
The beautiful "bubble" bowl is gold leafed and when the sunshine hits it, it's magical.  Gold leafing adds such depth....don't you think?
I'm thankful that Fieldstone Hill Design has a gold (ditto) DIY party next week.  It's given me inspiration to show all of you the gold I've been collecting for a while; gold painted candlesticks, gold leafed bowls....such warmth and beauty.

Go on over June 3rd and check out Fieldstone Hill Design  and see how others are using gold in their designs. ..and have a marvelous weekend.
 I'm Linking To:

No comments:

Post a Comment