Friday, May 17, 2013

Friday Finds - Terra & Succulents

Mom's day was this past Sunday and on Monday I shared  my table with you.  Today, I thought I'd share this cute little gift I gave my Mother-in-law.
I found this wonderful terra-cotta planter at a local pottery shop, along with the terra-cotta garden marker.   It's French for "My Garden".  The planter didn't have any holes in the bottom, so I had to use my masonry drill bit to carefully add some drain holes.

My mother-in-law has a hot, sunny patio so I wanted to give her something that would be easy to care for.  Succulents are a little like cactus because they do not need very much water and like the hot sun.
 
At the end of the summer she can plant these in her garden, perhaps along a path amongst the rocks where they can fill in nicely.


You can purchase a flat of these small succulents at Lowe's.   I bought some for myself as well. 

If you know someone who needs a low-care plant, this is the way to go...with the extra bonus of planting them in their gardens at the end of the season.  Have a fabulous Friday and I'll see you tomorrow at Arranging Saturdays.

I'm Linking To:




 

No comments:

Post a Comment