Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Our Closet For Wine

Two Friday's ago, I shared with you a wine-rack-turned-guest towel holder.  I have a wine closet, so I really didn't need a wine rack but did need a small towel rack. 

So...today I thought I'd show you my wine closet.  Want to take a peak inside?





A local wine store and cafe was remodeling several years ago and was throwing out these wooden wine racks and said we could have them.   At first we thought we'd put them in the cellar, but decided it would be nicer to have them in the closet, in the dining room.  Since they were larger than this small closet, my husband cut them down to fit.  Aren't we lucky?

On a trip to Napa Valley we noticed they used the wooden cases in many ways, so we decided to use the lids to line the walls.  I think it gives it character.

The parts we cut off I recycled for the shelves in the middle to hold our wine glasses, a small lamp and wine.  I'd like to eventually wire in a light in the ceiling.


In the bottom of the closet I put a large basket to hold empty bottles for recycling.  I hope to have a bottle rack eventually for my deck.

I hope you enjoyed a peak into my closet.  Have a wonderful Wednesday and I'll see you Friday.



   

No comments:

Post a Comment