Monday, May 6, 2013

Crisp White & Blue

Rains coming this way for an entire week starting tomorrow...Yuk.  Don't get me wrong, being a gardener, I love the rain to water our veges and flowers.  But, an entire week?  Really?

 I'm going to take advantage of the beautiful fresh weather and sunshine and have supper with my boys on the porch tonight.  We always like to take Friday nights and have a special supper since we are all home.  And you know me, nothing I like more than a pretty table.


The tablecloth was a shower curtain I purchased several years ago that I never used.   It has our initial in the middle and is perfect for this little table.  I love the ribbon stitched around the bottom and it's easy to wash.

I also used some of my small collection of Baccarat figurines.  I love how they reflect the light and things around them.

For the centerpiece I chose to use Irises from the garden and some of my blue and white pieces.


In the cute little boxes at each plate I put a surprise...a wrapped truffle which could be eaten now or later.   For supper we had roasted chicken, which is our favorite Friday evening meal.  I heavily saltpepper and roast for about 30 minutes until golden brown.

I also made a delicious cold pasta salad with broccoli, peppers, olives and parmesan cheese, then added a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar to finish.
 
Sweet ice tea, good conversation with my boys, small breeze, dinner alfresco...what more could a girl ask for?   

Hope you enjoy your Monday, stay dry and I'll see you on Wednesday....



 http://lollyjane.com/the-scoop-link-party-11/

No comments:

Post a Comment