Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Boxwood Wreath

I just love small boxwood wreaths.  I've seen several on Pinterest that are so cute.


So....I decided I wanted one and chose to make it myself.  I have several boxwoods growing in my yard and I've used them before in many things.  I gathered my needlenose pliers, thin green wire, boxwood of course, and a small wire wreath frame.  I made my frame from heavy duty wire and it worked great.

 I held a thin boxwood branch and wrapped wire around it as I held it to the form.  It only took about 30 minutes  to make the entire wreath.
Here's how mine turned out with a pretty cream colored ribbon.  I think I'll put it on one of my bookcase or maybe hang it on a door knob.  What do you think?


Try one for yourself.  It isn't hard but so rewarding.  

I'm Linking to      :

3 comments:

  1. I have one little boxwood wreath and I would love to have more. They're so sweet! And timeless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are timeless. I think I'm going to make some small ones for my dinner plates.

      Delete
  2. I love boxwoods. I have two mature one an plan to plant a few more this year. I didn't realize these wreaths where so simple. Will give it a try for sure.

    ReplyDelete