Thursday, February 21, 2013

Restored Buffet

Hello everyone!  I recently purchased a 1949 Drexel Buffet at a local antique store.  It is so well made, has a beautiful curved front and I really love it....but it did have a few scratches.
This photo is a bit blurry, but shows some of the scratches on it.  This is along the bottom, but it also had scratches on the top, drawers and sides.  The antique dealer recommended I use a product called Restore-A-Finish by Howard.  They sold it there at the store and I've seen it at other shops so I bought a bottle to give it a try.  Most of you have probably heard of this product, but it is new to me.  Let me tell you, it is my new best friend.
All you have to do is pour on a cloth or use oooo steel wool and rub in the direction of the wood grain.  I liked using the Dark Walnut because I felt this would match most of the wood colors I have.  Then, dry with a soft, clean cloth.  That's it.  Look at the difference.

 It turned out beautiful.  I left the original brass pulls which have nice detail and petina.    Now that I have a new piece of furniture, I guess I'll just have to continue shopping for something to put in between my lamps.   I love any excuse to do more antiquing.   lol

I'm Linking To:

FFF  

No comments:

Post a Comment