Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Bedroom redo

Many of you know that I live in a 115 year old farmhouse and over the last few years I have been updating our rooms one by one.  This last year I updated my master bedroom. 
 I had always loved dark colors, as you can see in the before photo's but now I want light and cool.  I can't believe how outdated this is...lol.


I had been looking at all different kinds of color schemes on Houzz and Pinterest and decided I wanted to use gray for the walls with stressed black furniture and a touch of gold for warmth.
  I chose Valspar Filtered Shade in eggshell.  It looks a little blue in the photo below, but it is a true gray.
The next few photo's are some I took from Pinterest as inspiration.  Aren't they pretty?





I knew wanted to use a touch of gold and needed an inspiration starting point and that's when I found this Laura Ashley fabric. I bought enough to make two large pillow shams.
It is a beautiful linen fabric with a nice soft feel.  I have a white quilt and found a beautiful Ralph Lauren duvet cover and bedskirt trimmed in black.
My dresser was a true find from a local consignment store, a Henredon dresser.  All I needed to do was prime it, paint it black (I used Olympic Black Magis D58-6 in eggshell) and destressed it a little in brown.  I used the hardware that was originally on it.  It turned out beautiful. 

I had been holding onto an old set of french doors I found in one of our barns and put them on the wall above the dresser.  They were perfect.


My deer print chair and ottoman I did a post on earlier is also in my room.  The color just happened to be perfect.  I had a lion head stand and beautiful wall clock from Ballard  I used with the chair.  The wreaths in the windows I put up one Christmas and loved them, so I left them year round.  I am currently in search for a pretty rug and upholstered headboard that will complete the room.  I will blog to let you see what I find.

 
  

2 comments:

  1. Just beautiful...love the colors you used! Such a great transformation :o) Have a great weekend!!!!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deserae. I'm new to the blogging world and am enjoying it. You have a good weekend too. :)

      Delete