Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Temporary Deck Bar

I love flea market days, don't you?  You know...you get up early, put on your least favorite clothes, ball cap, a pocket full of ones and fives, and stop at McDonald's for a biscuit on the way. 

I don't get to go often but when I do, I love it.  At the one I went to lately, they always have people singing and picking.....this is a highlight, especially when you've been walking around for a while and need a Pepsi break.  It's a small, local flea market so you can still find neat things, like this old soda dolly.


This was my find for the day.  When I saw it, a cute bar to serve wine and drinks on my deck came to mind.  I'm not quite sure how I will end up finishing it, but I couldn't wait until the idea came to me.  I wanted to use it one night on the deck to serve wine.  So....I quickly used a few things I had and made a temporary one.

I had an old black tray and a metal door mat that I used for the shelves. The metal door mat stuck out the side and was perfect to hold the wine glasses in a small metal basket.



I also found a very heavy, rusty colander that I filled with some old bottles.


I love the light hitting the bottles, and all things rusty.






Even though I wasn't ready to transform this old dolly into a "neat" bar for my deck, I was able to use it now...waiting for an idea to pop into my head of what to do with it .



I picked the flowers in my mother's pasture.  They were Queen Anne Lace and Mountain Ash.  I wanted something a little rustic to use in this pitcher.



I hope you have a beautiful hump day and to see you on Friday. 

I'm Sharing with these Wonderful Blogs:

No comments:

Post a Comment