Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Our Cozy Little Den

Do any of you have a room in your home that you seem to gravitate to?  We do, and every morning, when the sun is rising, we're sitting in this little den, looking out through the double windows and watching.  Watching the sun hit our large oak trees and listening to the beautiful birds sing a morning song.

I sit in this room every day to read and talk with my husband over a glass of wine after a long day.

So, since this room is one of my favorites, I thought I'd share it with you.

The den is just off the kitchen and a very cozy space.  Here is the fireplace before the stonework.  I'm sorry it's so blurry, but you get the idea.



 
And here's the after.  The grate I use for this fireplace is an old window bar.  I found it at an old house salvage store and fell in love with the curves and the patina.  I left it exactly like I found it.




 
This is "my" chair.  I sit here everyday and it's the best spot in the den, (or so I think.)


This  old antique desk has a curved back and I wish the room were large enough to have it facing out so you could see the other side.  It's so pretty to see it on the rounded side.



The two lamps in this room are heavy cast cement.  I found them at a home decor store and because they were wired with a European plug, I was able to get them at a steal (they even came with the shades.)  


I love using mixed pillows.  Here's a sampling of the ones in the room.  Needlepoint is one of my favorite and I have several of these.







We purchased this Ric Standridge painting several years ago.  It is very large, as you can see, and so ethereal.  We always have lots of conversation with friends about it. You can purchase his art at many galleries or online at the link above.

 
Here are other hob nobs throughout the den. My welded-washer bowl that my husband gave me from Christopher Park Gallery, old porch spindles collected from salvage stores, my Santos doll from Pottery Barn that I got for a steal at the outlet, and a cast iron bull head. 
 
I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday and to see you on Friday.



I'm Linking to:

No comments:

Post a Comment