Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Small Home Office

Finally....I got my own office space.   A space that is mine, for my use only and I love it.  It's nice to be able to organize all my projects, folders, recipes, etc...in one place that isn't stacked in someone's homework or work papers.  So today, I thought I'd share it with all of you.

My husband, trooper that he is, built this little nook in a corner at the bottom of our stairs.  It has plenty of storage space and is centrally located.  I have four closed cabinet doors that hold all the messy stuff like phone book, office supplies, computer disk, books, etc..


I found these red boxes on sale for 80% off at Hobby Lobby and thought they'd be perfect for storage of small items, as well as the little baskets.  I bought small blackboard labels for the front of the baskets and used numbers to organize them.  I tied them on with raffia.





I have this little red book that I keep all my ideas and things I would like to try to make, read, buy, etc...I've had it for a long time so when I saw the red boxes, it gave me my color scheme.  I always have this book sitting on my desk ready to take notes.  I have a small one in my purse just in case I'm out and need to jot something down.  Guess I need to learn to use my iPhone for this, but I'm a little old school.



I also found this cute, small rooster bulletin board.  It will be perfect to put up notes...that is if I can bring myself to cover him up.  The pen and pencil caddy is really a utensil caddy I use a lot.  It is very sturdy and the small size and color are  perfect for my small desk.  Guess I'll have to get another utensil caddy.






It doesn't take a lot of space to pack a big punch and for me it is just what I needed.  Thank you for stopping by and I hope to see you Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment