Friday, June 21, 2013

Fresh Clothes

I have always loved the smell and feel of clothes dried on the line.  The breeze seems to impart a deep down freshness that you can't get any where else.  Most of my life I have had a clothesline of some sort, and there are so many different types to choose from for every yard or lack thereof.


Whenever I wash our sheets or blankets I hang them on the line to dry.  No electricity involved and the crispness feels so clean.
We dry clean a lot of our clothes, but in between wearings, I hang them to "air-out."  It's wonderful, like getting a free dry cleaning.  

I am fortunate enough to have enough space to have a line, but there are many options for small yards, decks, etc., if you don't have a lot of space.





You can even have a retractable one.  Clothesline shop has a very large selection to choose from and to get ideas from.  

I also use my line to hang quilts on whenever we are having a cookout or outside party.  It's a neat way to decorate and add a little country touch.









There is something homey and soothing about a clothesline that imparts a feeling of history.  It also causes you to stop a moment and breath.

Here's a shot looking out my laundry room window.

Spring, Summer, breezes and sunshine.....perfect for clothes on the line.



No comments:

Post a Comment