Monday, June 17, 2013

Cute Little Chicks

Look what arrived a few days ago at the Post Office for ME!




Aren't they sooo cute?  Every few years we order a new batch of chicks from Meyer Hatchery. When I walked into the Post Office to pick them up you could almost hear them chirping from the parking lot and I believe all the post office employees were glad to see me. lol.

In honor of getting our new chicks, I surprised the family with a soft chicken tablescape on the porch.



The plates are Amber Karma by EURO Ceramica.  I thought they had a straw like feel to them and appropriate since we use straw in our hen house.



The Cute little dome dish on top is actually a butter dish from Home Essentials and Beyond.  I used them to hold our eggs.





For supper we had omelets, oven-browned potatoes, country ham and biscuits made in my small muffin tin.  We love the eggs from our hens.  Home-grown organic eggs have a much richer and deeper flavor than store bought eggs, and hens are fairly easy to raise.



I hope you have a blessed Monday, and I hope to see you Wednesday.  I've just put in my office at the bottom of the stairs and I'm sharing that Wednesday.   


I'm Sharing with these Wonderful Blogs:

No comments:

Post a Comment