Monday, June 24, 2013

Sunny & Yellow

Bright & light...that's what the color yellow says to me.  Sunshine and buttercups, baby chicks and summer squash.  I love the color yellow and that's why my table this Friday night was all about yellow.

Many years ago I made this tablecloth and napkin set using a lemon cut in half, dried the halves and brushed with yellow and green fabric paint to simulate lemons and limes.  I went all the way around the edge of the cloth and napkins.  It has held up beautifully. 


I also love using deep blue with yellow.  I found this canister for my centerpiece at Miracle Hill.  It was a bargain since it didn't have a lid and it gave me the starting point for my table.




On the menu was a  lemon-butter pasta with broccoli and blackened Salmon filets, so yellow was the right color for this evening.



I love, love, love blue and yellow together and since my flower vase was blue I used a hand painted bowl and teapot on the table as well.

The cute ice tea glasses came from the Dollar Tree. I think the lemon slices have such depth.  Love me a good find at the Dollar Tree.







The light in my dining room casts neat shadows on the entire ceiling.  Love gazing up.....




I hope you will have a bright and sunny week and am glad we have another one to  share.

No comments:

Post a Comment