Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Porch Lamp

You know what it feels like, you find the perfect shaped lamp at your favorite consignment store but it's the wrong color.  What to do?  Paint it .. of course.

I needed a lamp for my front porch and saw this one and loved it's shape, not it's color.
It didn't have a shade on it, so I purchased this burlap shade from World Market.  I needed the lamp to be black so I painted the green parts black and left the tan/gold parts as they were.  I then taped off the top and bottom of shade and painted two black stripes on the lamp.  I used Valspar interior/exterior black satan.  



I think it looks nice next to the black and white print on the porch chair.



I'm Joining:

Chic on a Shoestring DecoratingTablescape Thursday

Wow Us Wednesdays ;  Mosaic Monday at Little Red House; 

No comments:

Post a Comment