Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Old Treasure

I love old things, furniture, hobnobs, houses, and barns.  There is something so imaginative about these things.  We get to look at them and wonder what they've seen, who's hand has touched them, what was happening long ago.  

I have lots of old things and I seem to have an affinity for them.  Sometimes I want to redo, remake, and repurpose them, and other times I want to leave them as is.  Our old barn is both leave as is and redo.  Just this past weekend, my husband added a little shed roof off of one side for his tractor and lawn mower, so I took a few pictures to share with you.  We plan on leaving as much as possible original, it's in good shape, and use wood and tin roofs from old barns to repurpose ours.



The photo's above are the barn in different seasons, below is my hubby working on the barn this past weekend adding a shed roof for his tractor.





Here are a few of the pictures of the barn.  Our barn is about 80 years old and the wood on it is both beautiful and hard as a rock. 



New, shiney things have their place, and I love them like everyone else,  but nothing touches the beauty of worn, used, aged, and well loved things from the past. 

I'm Linking to:
 One on sidebar          

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy. I love old wood and it's character.

      Delete
  2. That barn is just spectacular and the photos are a joy. I just sent them to Pinterest. Thanks so much for sharing this lovely treasure with fellow old-thing lovers.Dropping by from BNOP, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a wonderful old roof! It was a good idea for your husband to use wood and tin roofs from old barns to create a shed roof. Anyway, did he install the shed roof all by himself? Hope your barn lasts for another 80 years!

    ReplyDelete