Friday, March 15, 2013

Friday Finds

Good morning everyone.  Hope you had a nice rest last night and ready for a beautiful 68 degrees day.  I know I am ready to be outside.

Today on Friday Finds I want to share with you something I picked up at Subway the other day while having lunch with my mom.  When we were paying for our meal there was a basket of green bands for anyone to take, so I picked one up to see what it said.  Here it is:  W8 2 TXT, "wait to text".

So, I got each of us one for our cars.  I don't expect my kids to wear it, but if placed on their dashboard it just may remind them not to text and drive.

Did you know texting while driving:

1. Makes you 23X more likely to crash – National Hwy        Transportation Safety Admin.
2. Is the same as driving blind for 5 seconds at a time – VA. Tech Transportation Institute
3. Takes place by 800,000 drivers at any given time across the country
4. Slows your brake reaction speed by 18% – HumanFactors & Ergonomics Society
5. Leads to a 400% increase with eyes off the road





We all need to get the message again.  Pick up one of these bands at Subway and put it on your dashboard to remind yourself when you see it, not to text and drive.  Be safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment