Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Mr. Piggy

Spring is coming and I'm very excited to get my front porch table ready for Easter.  I've been looking for a centerpiece for my little table and it was one of those things that when I saw it I would know.  

Well, lo and behold, (a southern phrase I use from time to time, lol) there it was at one of my favorite antique stores, Southern Estates. I wasn't there looking for this particular item, I was really looking for some chairs, but this little piggy called my name...Susan, pick me, pick me.  So of course, I had to take him home.

I thought with a little love and care and a paint job, he would be really cute on my table.   Here he is in the before photo with his pink little ears and nose.


He even came with this cute little black board.  Perfect.  Now I can leave a message as the season changes.  I wanted him terra cotta color since this year I am using terra cotta with black and white on my porch.  I mixed a pumpkin color with a little brown.  Here is what I used.

I think he came out great!  Here are some photos with his chalk board and without.  I'll post later the Spring tablescape for this little table...so stay tuned.


I'm joining:
UndertheTableandDreamingChic on a Shoestring DecoratingTablescape Thursday

Wow Us Wednesdays 

7 comments:

  1. Love Mr. Piggy! What colors will you use on your table with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm using bright colors this year. Am posting my tablescape in a couple of days, so come back and see us then. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like what you have done to him.
    I can see why he called out to you.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monsieur Cochon looks so much better! I can't wait to see him as the centerpiece of the table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I envy your purchase and his redo. Wonderful find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He looks great! Years ago Target had a white one for the kitchen, I still hope one will turn up some day-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete