Monday, March 18, 2013

Dining Room Chairs Redo

Well, I found the neatest dining room chairs a few weeks ago at one of my favorite furniture consignment stores, Feather Your Nest.  If you saw the dining room in my Christmas post  I had all tan parsons chairs.  Well, I'd had these for years, they were really worn and I just wanted something different.  When I saw these chairs I thought they were a very neat style and would look terrific painted black.  Here's the before pictures:

And here are the after pictures.  I sanded them to remove the sheen, then spray painted them with Rustoleum satin black.  After they had a good 24 hours to dry, I took a fine sanding  block and sanded off a little of the paint on the edges to age them.  The very last thing to do is to polish them with a furniture wax.  This gives them a finished look and feel.


I chose a chevron patterned fabric I bought at West End Upholstery.  The colors match the two parsons chairs I purchased for the end chairs from Palmetto Home Store.
Here are some photos of the chairs in the dining room.  I took these at night so I'm sorry they are dark.  I also added a few yellow flowers to my flower arrangement for a pop of spring color.  


Have a nice Monday everyone.
I'm linking up to 
<br><a border="0" href="http://savvysouthernstyle  FFF