Monday, March 18, 2013

Dining Room Chairs Redo

Well, I found the neatest dining room chairs a few weeks ago at one of my favorite furniture consignment stores, Feather Your Nest.  If you saw the dining room in my Christmas post  I had all tan parsons chairs.  Well, I'd had these for years, they were really worn and I just wanted something different.  When I saw these chairs I thought they were a very neat style and would look terrific painted black.  Here's the before pictures:

And here are the after pictures.  I sanded them to remove the sheen, then spray painted them with Rustoleum satin black.  After they had a good 24 hours to dry, I took a fine sanding  block and sanded off a little of the paint on the edges to age them.  The very last thing to do is to polish them with a furniture wax.  This gives them a finished look and feel.


I chose a chevron patterned fabric I bought at West End Upholstery.  The colors match the two parsons chairs I purchased for the end chairs from Palmetto Home Store.
Here are some photos of the chairs in the dining room.  I took these at night so I'm sorry they are dark.  I also added a few yellow flowers to my flower arrangement for a pop of spring color.  


Have a nice Monday everyone.
I'm linking up to 
<br><a border="0" href="http://savvysouthernstyle  FFF







11 comments:

  1. Very elegant renovation ~ gorgeous results ~ Great shots ~ Enjoy ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan the chairs came out great! I did that same spray finish, wax process on a couple of French chairs and it's just the loveliest finish! Thanks for stopping by and checking out my table and chairs redo! - Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your encouragement. The wax process I think is the finishing touch.

      Delete
  3. Great looking DIY makeover on these thrifty chairs. Stop by and share them at my Nifty Thrifty Tuesday party...hope to see ya there:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to stop by and share. Love your webside.

      Delete
  4. This is really great piece of remodeling been done..These chairs looks really beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the designs! They will make dining area so much more interesting than the standard boring chairs most people use. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Susan, I really appreciate to u and your choice. I did it in my furniture as like u and you used chevron patterned fabric I did the same, yap really it cool and all of my guest said just “wow wt. a combination"

    Wooden table and chair set

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't even know how I finished up right here, but I thought this post was once great. I do not understand who you are but certainly you are going to a famous blogger if you aren't alrеady.
    Cheегs!

    my web Ñ•ite :: bread maker review

    ReplyDelete