Friday, April 26, 2013

Turnip Bean


Arranging Saturdays - Turnip Bean

Turnip Bean you ask?  Well yes.  Remember the beautiful yellow flowers growing from the turnip greens planted in the garden?  When the flowers were spent and fell off, the entire plant was covered with little tiny beans.  Yes, little beans.

Turnip green flower

Turnip green Bean after flowers have fallen off.
We had some very good friends over last night that we'd not seen in a long time. We sampled a little cheese and enjoyed a nice bottle of wine.  I always like to show you the wine we have because my husband is a wine connoisseur and chooses wonderful wines for us to have and I highly recommend these.
 Our friends brought the cheese, my husband picked the wine and my contribution was to put out a fresh arrangement for us to enjoy.  I loved the look of the turnip green beans so much, I decided we didn't need flowers... just the greens.  Here's a look at what I did.



I love this little old chair I have out at the barn and it was already this beautiful teal color when I bought it.  It also has sweet details.

I am definitely not afraid to use things I find on my walks and it always makes it interesting and a topic of conversation.  I hope you all have a blessed weekend, get lots of rest and I'll see you Monday.

I'm Linking to:  Sunday                          is the day to share  Funky_Junk's_Party_Junk_link_party  Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home  By Stephanie LynnThe Dedicated HouseBoogieboard Cottage One on sidebar    A Stroll Through Life      creativetuesdaybutton  Rooted In ThymeJoin the fun here each Wednesday!

7 comments:

  1. Morning Susan,
    I never heard of Turnip green flowers but they
    are really lovely. Now my daughter would just love that all green arrangement in her home, as she is very modern and minimalist, but is starting to realize she needs some plants or greenery for texture, and she would love that.
    Love that Robin's egg blue color on your chair,
    one of my fav colors.
    Hope you are doing well,
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have never heard of Turnip green flowers, but they look great!

    Great to have at Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure have gotten great use from the turnip plant...love your "greens"! Such a sweet vignette there with your precious chair! Thanks so much for sharing at Amaze Me Monday!!!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the greens with your fabulous turnip plant, how fun is that and the chair is such a great piece. I would love for you to link this to my Inspire Me party that will be live this evening. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard of the Turnip Bean plant before but I love the bright green that it gives off. The color reminds me of the asparagus fern, love those plants due to easy care and the bright green color.
    Cute chair also, so shabby chippy goodness.
    Visiting you from Met Monday, hope you drop by for a visit too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan, if you get two posts from me it's because I had trouble trying to publish the last one. Not sure what happened, but Blogger must have been acting up.

    Oh, how I love those turnip plants in the white vase and that WONDERFUL blue chair. I said it then, and I'll say it now, if that chair turns up missing, you need not look beyond the magpie nest next door. What a shiny object that is! Oh, my! Love, love, love it!

    Popping over from Becky's to ogle your goodies, and you know, I think that vase would go nicely in my dining room. But I won't be cruel and take that and the chair both!

    Thanks for sharing...

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete