Monday, April 8, 2013

Dinner for Two

Okay, it's time for a little relaxation.  For the last few days, my hubby has been very busy and a little stressed so I thought it would be nice to have a quiet, delish dinner just for  two out by our wooded walk.




I love to use unexpected areas in my yard to set up my small folding table and create special dinners unexpectedly.  Nice music on Pandora, a pretty table and good conversation should do the trick.



I chose a nice bottle of red wine, 

a menu of grilled quail, rice with cranberries, sugared walnuts and sweet peppers, and lima beans from last summer's garden.  Our lab Savannah wishing for leftovers.
  I already had pound cake made from Easter, so all I needed was mango's and blueberries on top with a nice cup of coffee.

The dome covering the pound cake fogged up from the warm cake.  We enjoyed our time together and it was sooo relaxing, that we stayed for an after dinner drink.
It's always nice to make our lives special any way we can.  These special, off the cuff, moments help us connect and bring us together.  It only took a few minutes to set the table up and I used what I had around the house.  The flowers were from my vege garden, kale was the purple and the yellow flowers were turnip green flowers....which by the way you can eat on a salad.  

It has been a beautiful couple of days here, warm and sunny so I'm taking advantage of it.  Who knows how long this weather will last...cold one week, warm the next. I hope you will enjoy it too and have a blessed spring day!

I'm linking to:
No Minimalist Here

3 comments: