Saturday, April 6, 2013

Pretty in Pink

This time of year is so perfect for pretty flowers on the tables, kitchen cabinets and any where else we can think of.  I love to have a pretty, just picked flower inside to lighten up the place.  

Today I wanted something pretty big and dramatic on my dining room table.  The room and table are large enough to hold a big arrangement, and the flowers I wanted to use were Cherry blossoms and Plum tree greenery (well, they're purple, not green). This is the tree I got the blooms off of.


I have a beautiful Pottery Barn vase which is a little too large, so I used a mason jar in the center.  Once filled with water, you cannot see the jar.

I added just a drop of red Kool aid to give the water a blush color. The jar in the middle holds the flowers at a good angle and gives it what structure there is to a flowing, over the top flower arrangement.

Look for pretty things in your yard to bring in.  You can even use just greenery.  Stop on the side of a country road, or anywhere you might see a few lovely flowers to add a little sunshine to your home.  You can even pick up a few at a local florist. 

Have a blessed Saturday and I'll see you Monday.

I'm Linking To:
Fishtale Cottage 
French Country CottageOne on sidebarUndertheTableandDreaming  Boogieboard CottageThe Dedicated HouseBoogieboard Cottage  thurCozyLittleHousebadge150x

6 comments:

  1. Susan, those are gorgeous...the only thing I have blossoming right now are a few giant hyacinths, but they smell so wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marigene, thank you. I love hyacinths also. The first of Spring flowers are so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, I love your beautiful arrangement of cherry blossoms. So pretty on your dining-room table! There's just something about fresh flowers or blooms that makes our heart smile when we enter a room. Love your blog...I'm your newest follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty~ thank you for sharing your flowers at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty! You will be one of the features at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House! Pop on in and grab a feature button. Hope to see your prettiness again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just beautiful, and I learned something. Can't beat that combination.

    ReplyDelete