Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Guest Bedroom Refreshed

Okay, you know how it is when we change one thing it always leads to other changes.   Well it happened to me.  I posted last week my purchase and remake of a French Provincial Hutch into a French Provincial Armoire.  


I painted the inside of the armoire a bright green. I loved the green so much I decided to refresh the guest room in more of this color.  So while looking for pillows or fabric to match, I came across a pretty green and pink and fell in love.  This is the colors the bedroom needed to give it a crisp spring look.  Here are some before and after shots of the room.
Before with the brown Highboy and dark cushions.
After with armoire and pink.

Sorry for the blurry photo above, but you get the gist.  Keeping fingers crossed for my new camera for Mothers Day.
Before w/brown

After w/Pink
Before

After
Love the bright pink.  It just brings life to the room.
Before w/ burlap pillows

Here are some more photo's for you to see.  It didn't take much to transform this tiny room...mostly a few yards of fabric...and a new armoire...lol.
Before








Even the light coming in this small window has a pink hue.  I love it.  And I highly recommend this room spray.  I love the unusual scent.  I bought it at Tuesday Morning.


See you friday on Friday Finds.

I'm linking to: 
Six Sisters Stuff 
     Chic on a Shoestring Decorating       French Country Cottage  Photobucket  Sunday                          is the day to shareBy Stephanie Lynn  creativetuesdaybutton

5 comments:

  1. LOVE that green! Great changes! Life to the full! Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how your armoire came out, very pretty, and love those black sconces next to it. very pretty. Your refresh is lovely...........so fun when you can just change a few things and give
    it a new look......I do that often as well. Seasonally at least.
    Pink and green is always pretty together too.

    Blessings, Nellie

    Oh yea, loved your pretty tables and centerpiece arrangements, very very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Green and pink... Lillie Pulitzer would be proud of you embracing this combination!! So classic and so cheerful! You did mention that you room is small so I would love to know if that is a queen sized bed or double? You see, we just bought a little cottage for two and of course the rooms are smaller. I'm afraid that a queen would swallow my rooms up. Just curious! And I love to support my fellow bloggers so I am now your newest follower. It means a lot to know someone out there is reading and enjoying what you post about, right?? And do visit me when you get a chance.. love making new friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the tour. You have a beautiful home! New Follower.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mother-in-law had that same armoire or one very similar. Seeing how terrific yours looks with new paint makes me wish I had kept hers. Amazing how just a few new touches can change a room.

    ReplyDelete