Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Ice Tea on the Porch

You couldn't ask for more perfect weather.  God has blessed us so much here in the South with the most beautiful, warm, and sunny days.  Ice tea anyone?  I know I'd like some and to go with that how about a nice rocking chair on the porch while I drink it?

Today I bought my Boston Ferns for the front porch because ferns and the South just go hand in hand. I need a couple more small ferns but I thought I'd share my porch with you  since we are all thinking of the outdoors.






The new frilly orange pillows give the black and white a pop of color, and I've had my bumble bee boot scraper for many years and I love it.  Because I have such mix-matched furniture I chose to keep it all black for consistency.


The two prints below are of various frogs matted in a black and tan plaid.  I covered them with plexi glass to help protect the prints.  If you live in the South, the evenings are filled with frog sounds.   Croak, Croak, Croak.   I love hearing them.


I live in an 115 year old farm house and our front porch ceiling has the original beadboard.  We painted it light blue to keep with southern tradition.  Light blue ceilings are said to confuse spirits keeping them away from your home.  I don't know about all that but it couldn't hurt.

I love the flower plates on the plate rack.  They remind me of all the things blooming in the Spring and Summer.  I love to make flower arrangements, so I am constantly seeking flowers and plants that I can use in them.


Now, time to grab a good book, or maybe my iPad to read all your wonderful blogs and my ice tea to have a little down time on the front porch.


I'd love to see your front porches.  Leave me your blog names in your comments so I can visit yours.  Thanks for stopping by.

I'm Linking to:
Rain on a Tin Roof 
Fishtail Cottage 
Join the fun here each Wednesday!
French Country CottageChic on a Shoestring DecoratingThe Scoop link party logo  creativetuesdaybutton

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful porch you have, and so large, like a verandah!!! Love the plate rack, been looking for one for years now.....love the blue ceiling and how you painted all the furniture black, really pulls it all together. Enjoy your nice weather!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your nice comments. I made my own plate rack years ago because I couldn't find what I was looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning!!!! If I were invited, I'd probably never make inside...I'd just sit down in a rocker and visit. It's so welcoming and gorgeous. Love the ferns BTW, I'm jealous....I'm a florida rebel transplanted into yankee territory and I have to wait a couple more weeks to be able to put my ferns out.

    Beautiful porch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your porch is just stunning....it is the perfect spot to spend an afternoon just catching up :o) I love,love,love the plate rack....gorgeous!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a beautiful porch with so many creative ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what an inviting space (and i am choosing to ignore that bee thing...tho cute, i can't handle bees) and i looove those ferns. i always hear they are difficult to maintain, so what would you say about that?

    please come visit @ thecapeonthecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a wonderful porch! It looks so pretty and relaxing, the perfect place to sit and have a glass of iced tea.
    I'm happy to be a new follower, Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your porch is amazing! It's truly like an extension of the house only better because it's outside. My front porch is tiny but the back is nice and big. Love being outside!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, Love, Love your porch!! So inviting and love the color scheme too!
    Blessings,
    Lanita

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I was one of your neighbors, I’ll certainly be mesmerized your beautiful front porch. The furniture is adorable and the wreath you hung on your porch light is just as beautiful! By the way, I never knew that light blue ceilings can confuse spirits. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Why users still use to read news papers when in this technological globe the whole thing is accessible on web?


    My weblog :: Pure GCE Reviews

    ReplyDelete