Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Ice Tea on the Porch

You couldn't ask for more perfect weather.  God has blessed us so much here in the South with the most beautiful, warm, and sunny days.  Ice tea anyone?  I know I'd like some and to go with that how about a nice rocking chair on the porch while I drink it?

Today I bought my Boston Ferns for the front porch because ferns and the South just go hand in hand. I need a couple more small ferns but I thought I'd share my porch with you  since we are all thinking of the outdoors.






The new frilly orange pillows give the black and white a pop of color, and I've had my bumble bee boot scraper for many years and I love it.  Because I have such mix-matched furniture I chose to keep it all black for consistency.


The two prints below are of various frogs matted in a black and tan plaid.  I covered them with plexi glass to help protect the prints.  If you live in the South, the evenings are filled with frog sounds.   Croak, Croak, Croak.   I love hearing them.


I live in an 115 year old farm house and our front porch ceiling has the original beadboard.  We painted it light blue to keep with southern tradition.  Light blue ceilings are said to confuse spirits keeping them away from your home.  I don't know about all that but it couldn't hurt.

I love the flower plates on the plate rack.  They remind me of all the things blooming in the Spring and Summer.  I love to make flower arrangements, so I am constantly seeking flowers and plants that I can use in them.


Now, time to grab a good book, or maybe my iPad to read all your wonderful blogs and my ice tea to have a little down time on the front porch.


I'd love to see your front porches.  Leave me your blog names in your comments so I can visit yours.  Thanks for stopping by.

I'm Linking to:
Rain on a Tin Roof 
Fishtail Cottage 
Join the fun here each Wednesday!
French Country CottageChic on a Shoestring DecoratingThe Scoop link party logo  creativetuesdaybutton