Monday, July 8, 2013

Pink & Rust

Tonight for dinner with the family we are having cube steak, roasted sweet potatoes and home grown green beans.   I set the table with pink and a few old rusty things.  I found this really cute vase at a thrift store and the flowers on it reminded me of the rose campion growing in my gardens.  So that was my starting point for tonight.




I used long ruffled, pink checked napkins with my ivory and pink flower plates. 




As you can tell by my tablescapes, I love to use books on the table.  This lifts vases a little higher and sometimes we talk about what is in the books.   It makes for some interesting conversation.



The evening started out bright and sunny and the conversation going great...when bang, flash, and.....

Oh well, we waited a few minutes enjoying another glass of wine while we waited for the rain to stop.  This is a really nice bottle of wine.  Great flavors. And isn't the label neat and colorful?


Have a great beginning to your week.  I'm at the beach this week, Jekyll Island, with my beautiful family,  and I'll be sharing this island with you on Wednesday, until then...
God bless you.

I'm Sharing with these Wonderful Blogs:

No comments:

Post a Comment