Thursday, July 4, 2013

Juicy Ripe Strawberries

Look what I just made.....



I almost let the strawberry season pass by without making my run of strawberry jam for the year...whew, that was close.  My family loves strawberry jam and we love to visit our local fruit stand..Strawberry Hill USA.  Here are some of the photos from this year's visit.



They have a fun, old-fashioned cafe and homemade ice cream parlor.  Don't you just love the hand-made tin man and airplanes hanging from the ceiling?  I may have to try one of these for myself.  It would make a cute scarecrow.





Across the street from the ice-cream parlor is the fruit stand.  See all the goodies?




Whenever I make my jam, I always like to make one of my homemade Zucchini Breads and put it and a jar of jam in a small basket to give to friends who really don't have time to make these things themselves.

There's nothing better than toasted zucchini bread with a spread of strawberry jam.  Here's my bread recipe:

In one bowl mix:
3 C shredded Zucchini
1 2/3 C sugar
4 eggs
2/3 C oil

In another bowl mix:
3 C flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 c nuts

Hand mix both of these bowls together and bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes.  Let cool 15 minutes.   This makes 2 loaves.



Enjoy and have a wonderful weekend.

I'm Linking to these Beautiful Blogs: 
French Country Cottage 

No comments:

Post a Comment