Sunday, December 2, 2012

Teal & Red


Good morning everyone.  I wanted to show you the unusual color combination I used to decorate my dining room.  Teal & red with a touch of black.

I used the orchid arrangement I keep on my able and changed out the fall berries with the Teal Fern leaves and put red amaryllis flower at the base.  The photo of the bow on the boxes is a little blurry, but you see I combined three bows, red, teal and black & white plaid.  The Black and white is a silk ribbon and I love it.  All the ribbon has wired edges.  I bought my ribbon at a local store "Something Special", and it is an amazing home decorating store with unusual things.
  Here on the side table I wasn't sure what to put into my Pottery Barn glass vases, so I put two small mirrors I had and they are very pretty, reflecting the light at night.  I have started collecting Aluminum ware and it is fun to see all the different bowls, trays and other patterns in this.


Above is the chandelier above the table, which I added some crystals for Christmas.  Also is a basket filled with seed heads I picked out in the garden sitting on top of our bar cabinet.  then I thought I'd show you my wooden deer sitting beside the arrangement on the table.  Aren't they sweet?
  


Sorry the picture above is a little blurry, but wanted you to see the wreaths in the window.  The color's are much brighter than this also (guess I need a new camera from Santa).  I took a typical greenery wreath and glued various size red balls all over the front, then put bunches of shiny teal berries on top of these.  I then used red ribbon for the bow with a touch of black leopard print.  We all need a little animal print somewhere, right girls?

No comments:

Post a Comment