Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Porch Dressings



The top photo is a wreath I made using leftover Christmas balls, ornaments given to me by different family members, old toys that remind me of Christmas and other finds left in the bottom of boxes.  I gathered all of these items up and hot glued and wired them onto a very large artificial greenery wreath I had for Christmas.  Oh, and I forgot to mention, I put colored lights on first so it would sparkle at night.

On the tree on my front porch I decorated it with homemade felt garland, (I'll give instructions on how to make this later) stuffed animals, large outdoor balls,large snowman heads I purchased at The Dollar Tree and lots of colored large lights.  After I finished decorating it, I stuffed real magnolia leaves, (my mom let me pick from her tree), and pine boughs giving the tree a more real look. They will stay pretty fresh here since it is cold outside. 
Here is a picture of the snowman I purchased at The Dollar Tree.  They all had different hats and scarfs.  So cute.
This is a close up of one of the toys on the wreath.   I like large toys.  They make an impact and the kids just love it.

I'll share more photos of the porch wonderland tomorrow.  "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..."



No comments:

Post a Comment