Friday, November 16, 2012

Deer Antlers

I have recently discovered that I love deer antlers in decorating.  Not too much you see but just a touch.  I follow a blog The Yellow Cape Cod and loved how she used antlers on her mantle at Christmas last year.  This got me hooked.
Isn't this beautiful.  Her whole fireplace is heavenly.  So, when my husband and son went deer hunting this year (yes, we love deer meat in lieu of beef) I requested that he give me any antlers there might be.  Below is a picture of the Texas mount we had done with the antlers.  We used them in our library/den which you can see a little bit of.


If you notice the bookshelves, and we have two sets of these, there is a picture on them.  Below I've shown you a close up of the picture.  I love things printed on book pages, so I tore a couple of pages out of a magazine we receive and found two images on line, cut and copied these into a word document and printed them on the pages.  Then I framed them.  I love them.  It just incorporates the deer theme a little more.  Not too much, just enough to give you the feel.
I've shown you below how you can make your own antlers if you don''t have access to any real ones.  Just shape tinfoil into whatever antler shape you want and wrap with a baking clay and bake.  There you have it.  You can then paint them any color you want.
 Here are some other pictures I picked up of ways to use antlers in you home.  Maybe I can find some other ways to use them.

Makes me think of Christmas.




No comments:

Post a Comment