Friday, April 12, 2013

Friday Finds - Pooch Treats

So..If you are like me, you have a pet of some kind.  I have several.  Two dogs... Savannah and Max, one cat..Darling and 25 chickens which don't have names.

I have found that man's best friend most of the time, likes to share man's food.  I like to give my sweeties a snack but I wanted to give them something not bad for them. 

I found a healthy, all natural dog treat recipe that's easy to make. The treats are inexpensive and the doggies love them.   Here's Max the long haired dauschund and Savannah our lab waiting for their snack.  Gotta love those faces...lol

The photo's are a little blurry, but trying to get these two to be still for a couple of seconds was a miracle.

All Natural Dog Treats:

Grease baking sheet and preheat oven to 300 degrees.

Combine:
2 C flour
1 C Oatmeal
1 Tbsp parsley
1/2 tsp salt

Stir together
2 eggs
1 C peanut butter
Add this to the dry ingredients til crumbly

Add 1/2 C plus 1Tbsp water

Cut out with your favorite cookie cutter or do like I do and drop rounded teaspoons and bake 40 minutes.  I don't take the time to make them cute, but if you were giving to someone as a gift cutting them out and wrapping with a ribbon would be cute.
They look yummy don't they?  Oh, by the way, they won't hurt your  kid or husband if they accidentally eat one, which my son did.  He said "Mom, these are the worst tasting cookies you've ever made."  (because they don't have extra sugar in them).  When I told him they were dog treats he looked at me with worry in his eyes and said "Mom?" HaHaHa

I hope your pooch enjoys these as much as mine do.  Woof, Woof.


2 comments: