Thursday, January 10, 2013

Winter Gardens





Winter gardening is a blessing in disguise. On days when I am feeling a little down in the dumps I can always walk out to our little garden and feel uplifted. I never expected to be a gardener, but I guess God knew what my soul needed to feel alive
Here are a few photos of my trip out to the garden today. I am making homemade chicken soup for dinner, so I'll post the recipe later. Enjoy God's bounty.
Empty basket waiting to be filled.


Sweet Cabbage.  Yum!
Brussel Sprouts


Collard Greens.  Fortune for the new year.



The sad empty basket before picking and the beautiful full one after picking.  Love it.  I also had an added flower surprise.   So pretty here in the middle of winter.  Veges are easy to grow and and very healthy from your own garden.  You can even grow them on a patio with plenty of sun and home grown cabbages are beautiful in planters. 


2 comments:

  1. What beautiful photographs! I love that you went and picked everything for the soup!

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karianne, I love having a garden to pick fresh thins from. I am new to blogging so I appreciated it when I saw your comment. I love your blog.

      Delete