Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Retired Ladder

Okay, what do you do with an old, rickety ladder that's been around a long time and served you well but can no longer can keep up? (literally, can no longer keep me up...lol.) 

I thought and thought of different ways I would use this old thing.  Hang plants on it?  No, that wasn't it.  Towels?  No, not that either...not really the right style.  I know.  Use it to put a few of my favorite books on, my garden hats and some garden trinkets. 
It's always fun to do something new and unexpected at the beginning of Spring.  Going into my kitchen is this little entry way that was perfect for this little old ladder.  Every time I go into the kitchen and see it, it reminds me of all the weeds that need to be pulled.  But what the heck, I'll open one of the books instead.


I love the shape of this little green urn.  It is super heavy and I found it at a Miracle Hill store.  Also, one of my favorite books to get inspiration from is Junk Style by Melanie Molesworth.  I've had this one many years and never tire of it.

The bag the gardening magazines are in came from the Home Exchange party I had last month.  It is one of the things I chose.  It matched perfectly with this little group. 

 Mr. Bunny used to be on the front porch but now is peeking through the small fern.  Maybe he needs a little Shakespeare.


 Just for the time being, I think I'll like this little niche.  I need a little gardening motivation.  Happy Hump Day!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment