Monday, June 3, 2013

Blue Daisies

I've been seeing a lot of pink and blue together lately and I don't mean baby boy blue and baby girl pink.  I'm talking about bright pink and deep blue.  What a combination....and I gave it a try Friday night for supper on the porch.

I love using silver with pink.  I think it softens the harshness of a bright pink but keeps it cool.  These little place markers I found at the Dollar Tree, (I thought I would use a dry erase on the glass so I could use them multiple times) and mom gave me this cute little silver bird bowl.

The small Godinger salt and pepper shaker set came from Tuesday Morning and so sweet with the little bird bowl.  I love all things with birds.
Again, I used a chevron printed burlap ribbon from Hobby Lobby as my napkin rings, (or bows.)  I love all these burlap ribbons.  The  blue daisy plates are Pfaltzgraff.
White Irises add the perfect touch to the table.  Big flowers are always a plus for me and they have great impact. 



On the menu was BBQ chicken, white navy beans w/rosemary, squash casserole (recipe follows) and homemade focaccia bread.


Squash Casserole:

1 Quart cooked Squash
1 Chopped onion cooked w/squash
1 Pan cornbread
1 Egg
1/4 C Mayo or Sourcream
1 1/2 C grated Cheese
2 Tbsp butter

1. Place 1/4 of cornbread mixed w/ your favorite herb on bottom of 13" baking dish.

2. Mix onion, squash, mayo, egg, cheese and pour this on top of cornbread.

3. Top w/remaining cornbread and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

Hope you have a nice week and I'll see you Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment